Release Excess Weight With the 24-hour Mind-Body Reboot
Aug 31, 2018 03:15PM
By Beatrice Phillips
Change the way you eat and think in 24-hours by following these daily tips:
- Plan and pre-prepare healthy meals and snacks to avoid reaching for junk.
- Before you start your day, set an intention and say an affirmation. For example, "There is no emergency. I am complete." Choose one that works for you.
- Start your morning with a big glass of room temperature water with a squeeze of lemon.
- Before any meal, take five deep breaths. By practicing deep breathing, you are sending oxygen to your cells and resetting your nervous system.
- Have a plant-based protein smoothie or other type of protein for breakfast. Protein intake will support your weight loss.
- Avoid anything that comes in a package, including protein bars, gluten-free chips or crackers and “healthy” manufactured beverages. Try water with fresh mint leaves, cucumber slices and a couple drops of liquid stevia.
- Pre-chop veggies and fruit so they are handy in case of a munch attack. Pre-lunch tummy growl? Try walnuts and a green apple. Afternoon munchies? Scoop an avocado with sprinkles of herbal salt. Evening snack attack? Try apple slices with almond butter instead of cookies.
- Nourish your body at lunch and dinner with good carbs like chick peas, brown rice, pumpkins seeds or quinoa. Use healthy fats such as hemp, olive or flax seed oil in salads. Eat your biggest meal between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. and have a smaller meal in the evening.
- Take time to release the stress from your day. Relax with a favorite book, movie, or herbal tea. Avoid food after sundown, disconnect from the TV, computer and phone at least an hour before bed.
- Get to bed by 10 p.m. and get a full eight hours rest to wake up refreshed, lighter and ready to go for the next day.
Beatrice Phillips is a Hippocrates Health Institute Certified Health Educator, Lifestyle Medicine Coach and owner of the Inverted Elephant Yoga Studio. For more information, call 321-749-9642 or visit BeaPhillipsWellness.com.