Natural Support for Our Aging Pets
Sep 01, 2017 12:10PM
● By Lee DeBarriault
Just as we humans age, our pets inevitably will go through the same process and develop certain conditions as they age. Common health problems in aging pets are: heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, diabetes, cancer, thyroid disease, arthritis, cataracts, weight problems, cognitive disorders and urinary conditions.
These conditions can be overwhelming but there are many natural remedies available to help your pets with the aging process.
- Nutrition: First and foremost, provide your aging pets with a fewer calorie, quality nutritional food consisting of mostly meat with NO artificial flavors or coloring and no BHA, BHT or ethoxyquin.
- Exercise: Make sure to walk your aging pet for at least 20 minutes a day. Helps keep your pets trim and their joints well-oiled.
- Antioxidants, Supplements, Digestive Enzymes: Aging pets need vitamin A, C, E and selenium which can found in fruits and vegetables. Hawthorn, milk thistle, willow bark, devil’s claw, yucca, ginseng, dandelion, and burdock root are excellent tinctures that can be used. Raw goat’s milk with turmeric and ginger or with hemp is great natural supplement.
- Omegas 3-6-9: A balanced omega supplement, and now CDB oils, support all body functions and help with arthritic conditions and pain.
- Vaccinations and Toxic Flea and Tick Products: Avoid excessive vaccines, antibiotics, steroids and toxic chemicals. Aging pets don’t detoxify as readily.
Aging in our pets is a complex, slow ongoing process. Fortunately, we do have many natural remedies available to help slow the process down and enhance the quality of life as our beloved pets age.
For more information visit the Natural Pet Specialty Shop 398 N. Harbor City Blvd., Melbourne, call 321-259-3005 or visit NaturalPetSpecialtyShop.com. (Located just south of Del’s Freez, corner of Laurie St. and US 1.