SMOOTH YOUR MOOD WITH FOOD
Aug 31, 2012 02:48PM
By Jill Whittamore
Everyone has heard “you are what you eat” but have you ever heard “you feel what you eat”?
The truth is what you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner has a direct effect on how you feel. It may be the reason you feel weak around 11 a.m., tired a few hours after lunch, or reaching for a cookie at 3 p.m. It may also be the reason you feel irritable, relaxed or playful.
Here are a few tips:
- Feeling irritable or cranky? Try some Oatmeal. It is rich in soluble fiber, which helps to smooth out blood sugar levels. Don’t like plain oatmeal? Add some unsweetened applesauce, walnuts or strawberries.
- Need a lift in your mood? Reach for a handful of walnuts. They are an excellent source of omega-3 essential fatty acids needed for the mood-lifting neurotransmitters to function properly.
- Depression symptoms? Try a Banana. Bananas regulate your blood glucose levels with vitamin B6, which sooths your mood naturally.
- Moody? Cook some fatty fish. It has high levels of omega-3 essential fatty acids which have been shown to fight depression, moodiness and impulsiveness.
- Want to be more alert after lunch? Try Tuna. The amino acid that perks up the brain is tyrosine, found in seafood, turkey, tofu, legumes, and tuna. So, a salad of legumes with tuna, tofu, or turkey would be the ideal lunch if you want to work and learn in the afternoon rather than drift off.
Jill Whittamore is a Certified Master Life and Holistic Health Coach and Certified Infinite Possibilites Trainer- For more information call 321-720-7349 or visit HelpWithHappiness.com.