Nutritious Trail MixApr 01, 2011 01:52AM ● By Kimberle Smith
Mix together the following ingredients to build your own nutrition packed snack.
- 4 oz seasoned and dehydrated pumpkin seeds provide a great source of calcium, protein, zinc and trace minerals.
- 3 oz Buckwheaties that have been sprouted and dehydrated with coconut oil and sea salt to provide enzyme rich protein and calcium.
- 1 oz. Hemp seeds for a unique balance of omega 3 and 6, a full amino acid spectrum that provides a complete protein, and full compliment of trace minerals
- ½ oz Chia seeds are another superfood that provides a balance of omega 3 and 6 and unlike flax, grinding is not required. Chia is hydrophilic meaning it absorbs large amounts of water making it a great hydrator.
- 2 oz Goji berries increase energy and reduce fatigue. They are a great source of vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B6 and B-12. They boost our immune systems and they have the added effect of engendering a sense of well-being and optimism.
- 2 oz Incan Berries are a great source of bioflavonoids which possess anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiviral properties.
- 2 oz Cocao Nibs. We all love chocolate so a good trail mix would not be complete without Cacao Nibs. They are high in antioxidants and they are loaded with neuro-peptides similar to those created by our bodies when we are in love.
- 2 oz organic raisins to add a little sweetness to your day along with calcium, iron and magnesium.
Kimberle Smith is the owner of A-Live & Healthy Organic Eatery & Juice Bar. The restaurant is located at 205 McLeod in Merritt Island. For more information call 321-576-0990.