Butternut Squash SoupOct 01, 2021 02:27PM ● By Christi Buck
Butternut Squash Soup
butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon butter (grass fed or Ghee), melted
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon local honey (or preferred sweetener)
2 cups water
¼ cup coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
Mix nutmeg, cinnamon, butter, and honey together in a bowl.
1. Rub mixture all over squash to coat.
2. Lay squash in a single layer over pan and roast at 375°F for approximately 40 minutes, or until squash is soft enough to poke with fork and caramelized.
3. Once softened, remove from oven and let cool.
4. In a blender, mix squash and 2 cups of water to liquify.
5. Pour mixture into saucepan and season to taste. Add ¼ cup coconut milk to thicken, if needed, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Let cool and serve.
Christi Buck is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Licensed Dietitian and is the founder and owner of Vitality Wellness and Nutrition Center. She can be reached by calling 772-218-0858 or visit vwanc.com. 700 22nd Ave., Vero Beach.