Cleanse & Rejuvenate with Raw Foods
Adding fresh organic whole fruits and vegetables to our daily meal plan gives our bodies an opportunity to cleanse, rejuvenate, and re-build themselves. When the body is nourished with foods that are rich in life force, digestive enzymes, vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals, its nutritional needs are met, hunger is quelled and the process of self-detoxification and cleansing begins naturally.
Detoxification refers to the elimination of toxins that have accumulated in the body over time, which left unchecked will cause the signs and symptoms of aging and may give rise to a host of diseases. As toxins are removed from the system our organs begin to function optimally and our life force returns. We experience increased vitality and mental clarity, improved digestion and elimination, a reduction in joint and muscle pains. As we eliminate toxins we also eliminate excess weight and regain contour, flexibility and elasticity.
What constitutes a raw food lifestyle?
- Whole organic fresh fruits and vegetables and juices
- Nutrient dense smoothies, salads and pates
- Superfoods like Goji, Maca, and Cacao
- Nuts and seeds soaked in pure water for 12 hours
- Sea plants like Nori, Dulse, Kelp, Algaes
- Foods dehydrated at temperature so as to preserve life force, enzymes and nutrients
- What are the benefits of a raw food lifestyle?
Many who have included raw foods into their lifestyle report describe their experiences as:
- Feeling rejuvenated and energetic with increased stamina
- Improved digestion, stable blood sugar levels, lowered cholesterol levels
- Reduction of stress and improved sleep patterns
- Weight loss, improved muscle tone and greater flexibility of both body and mind
- An overall sense of well being and excitement
- Living a raw food lifestyle is easier than ever. The options range from everyday foods like salads, pizza and burgers to gourmet options for example mushroom stroganoff with daikon noodles or lasagna with raw marinara and nut cheese. A whole range of raw/living foods is available in our local health stores and farmers’ markets. And there is a wealth of information available on the Internet, and in books/magazines to motivate and help you.
This month's 8 day juicing program begins on May 12th. Kim will also be offering several classes in food preparation this month Mexican Dinner 5/1, Apple Pie 5/20, Memorial Day Picnic 5/22, and 5/26 menu TBD. For information and reservations call A-Live & Healthy at 321-576-0990.