Summer Skin Survival Tips
Jul 01, 2014 01:15PM
By Cindy Le
As the sun starts to shine, everyone starts to plan their outdoor activities. Before you step outside it is important to stay wise about protecting your skin and use some basic sun safe practices. 80% of the damage found in our skin is from the sun’s UV rays. But there’s no need to panic,you can still enjoy the sun as long as you are sensible, wearing appropriate clothing and applyingsunscreen regularly.
- Look for products that contain between 15-30 SPF. A tinted moisturizer with SPF gives youcoverage while ensuring protection from harmful UV rays. Seek out brandsthat offer natural and organic tinted moisturizers in multiple shades. SPFprotection comes from zinc, which is said to be the best natural ingredient to protect your skinagainst the sun’s harmful rays.
- Use a hydrating and calming cream based or gel (SLS free) cleanser to wash your sun-kissed skin. Avoid exfoliating cleansers if your skin is feeling especially sensitive.
- During the summer, skin tends to lose water and produce more oil so look for products that willreplenish this lost hydration.Choose a hydrating moisturizer, containing an SPF of 15-30, with active ingredients such asbearberry, licorice root and stone crop. These ingredients help prevent andcorrect hyperpigmentation.
- While you sleep, skin care ingredients penetrate more effectively while our bodies are in repairmode. Keep an eye out for recovery and moisturizing ingredients such as calendula, coconutand aloe.
- Lips are frequently forgotten but take the time to treat your lips with a non-SPF or SPF balm.
- Avoid products that can sensitize the skin with ingredients such as retinol and glycolic acid since they can make the skin photo sensitive and lead to sunburn.
- Make sure that your routine includes products that are effective for inflammation and keep your skinstrong and resistant against the damage that is caused by the sun. Your SPF will protect you, butadditional products and facial treatments will add nourishment.
Cindy Le is the owner of Euphoria Day Spa and Salon.Éminence Organic Skin Care has a full line of products to protect, clean, and moisturize skin during the summer months. You can find Éminence products at Euphoria Day Spa and Salon, 7640 North WickhamRoad. Suite 111. Melbourne.321-242-9999.Facebook :EuphoriaDaySpaAndSalon.EuphoriaDaySpaSalon.com or for more information visitEminenceOrganic.com.